Are your teeth the cause of your bad breath? Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor deriving from your mouth. It is usually caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a decisive role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Bad breath can be linked to poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Plaque buildup that remains in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– Various diseases and illnesses contribute to bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– Medications that harbor dry mouth symptoms can cause bad breath.
– If you have an underlying disease such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be producing bad breath.
– One of the easiest and swiftest ways to eliminate most common forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
No matter which oral health care treatment you need, Dr. Thomas Ouellette and our team at Thomas E Ouellette, DDS, PC is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Denver, Colorado, please contact us at 303.296.1402 to speak with a member of our team. Our wonderful staff is here to help you get the smile you desire!