Our dental practice is committed to high-quality care while protecting our staff, patients, and communities. Dr. Ouellette is excited to announce that our office is now open for all treatments and procedures, and that we are taking additional special measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Our practice adheres to infection control standards made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This includes wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials and more.
Changes you will experience during your next visit include:
- Health History and COVID-19 screening consent forms are to be filled out prior to your visit on your mobile phone or computer.
- Displays in office providing patients with general recommendations about avoiding the spread of COVID-19.
- Your temperature will be taken with a touchless forehead scanner.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the office. You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entering.
- Both staff and patients are required to wear face masks while inside the dental practice. If you do not have a medical or cloth mask, we will provide one.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you may be asked to wait in your car or the main lobby.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, access to our dental practice is restricted to patients only (with the exception of delivery and technician personnel).
- We will help ensure that anyone experiencing flu-like illnesses is not allowed on the premises.
- We will help ensure that anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 has fully recovered before working or being seen as a patient.
- Our employees are educated on COVID-19 and shared policies to reduce the risk of spread.
- We will minimize procedures that create aerosols and spatter such as teeth polishing and using the ultrasonic.
- No-touch trash receptacles are available for patient use.
- We discourage patients from bringing companions to appointments (except when absolutely necessary).
- The use of pen and paper from dental operatories has been removed.
- We ask that everyone avoid shaking hands with patients and/or employees.
- We will utilize PPE, including face shields, eye protection goggles, scrubs and coats, disposable masks and gloves.
- We are now utilizing an air purifying device using ultraviolet (UV) lighting.
- All staff will be regularly washing their hands and putting on gloves between patients.
- We will be properly and regularly disinfecting (with EPA-registered disinfectants) all dental operatories.
- We will utilize Lysol and hydrogen peroxide to wipe down all countertops, door handles, chairs and bathrooms.
- We will sterilize all instruments per OSHA standards.
- Barrier plastic wrap will be placed on our X-rays, switches and computers. We will replace this plastic wrap between each patient.
- Employees are required to groom and dress in way to help reduce risk of viral spread, including wearing scrub uniforms.